Nice to Meet you! Let us introduce ourselves…
Nice to Meet you! Let us introduce ourselves…
Most experts believe that this year’s allergy season is going to be the worst allergy season ever. With the crazy early year warm temperatures followed by temperatures that went cooler than normal and now add the moisture… it all comes together for the perfect recipe for allergies.
So this spring will mark an increase in itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and other allergy symptoms. While many people enjoy the outdoors and new warmth, many allergy suffers tend to stay indoors close to their tissue boxes.
Allergy suffers… it’s time to fight back. There are many ways to reduce the amount of infecting particles from the air you breathe. Here are some tips to help any allergy sufferer to find some relief during peak allergy season:
Remember to visit www.FiltersUSA.com for any type of replacement filter or air cleaner/purifier you may need to help you improve air quality in your home and help reduce the contaminates in your home that causes allergies!
Many people ask the question: Can I use tap water in my humidifier? According to the Federal government, using tap water does not lead to serious health risks. However, using tap water may lead to the release of minerals into the air. The minerals in tap water may also increase the development of crusty deposits or white dust that may irritate the consumers using these devises.
To avoid the white dust, there are other options:
• Use “Distilled” water. While distilled water still contains some mineral content, it will likely contain lower mineral content than most tap water.
• Use “Purified” water. Water demineralized, but would be expected to contain a higher mineral content than distilled waters.
(Be aware, however, that not all bottled water is produced using demineralization processes. Bottled waters labeled “spring”, “artesian” or “mineral” have not been treated to remove mineral content.)
• Consider using demineralization cartridges, cassettes, or filters if supplied or recommended for use with your humidifier. This may be slightly more expensive than distilled water.
• You can also use highly recommended water tablets that will help to ensure that your humidifier emits clean air and works efficiently. Visit FiltersUSA for more information on the humidifier tablets.
Now that you know you know you should maintain your humidifier, here are some directions on how to do it for an Aprilaire humidifier!
1. Turn Humidifier Control setting dial to the “OFF” position.
2. Disconnect electrical power and turn off water supply.
3. Unlatch humidifier front cover assembly from base assembly at the bottom of the cover, lift, and set aside.
4. Pull out the water panel evaporator assembly by grasping at the top and tipping out.
5. Unsnap the distribution tray (4) from the scale control insert. Follow the instructions below depending upon the type of distribution tray in your humidifier:
• For trays with a synthetic fabric liner: Lightly scrape out or brush off any mineral deposits, being careful not to stretch or loosen the synthetic fabric liner. Soaking the tray in vinegar or a lime-removing agent is helpful when trying to remove stubborn mineral deposits.
• For trays with granular coating: Do not scrape off the granular coating, but lightly scrape out any mineral deposits and clean the “V” notches. This textured surface helps ensure even water flow for maximum performance. See page 2 if removed.
6. Slide the Water Panel evaporator out from the scale control insert. Clean the scale control insert of mineral deposits. Replace the Water Panel evaporator with a new Genuine Aprilaire Water Panel. Slide the Water Panel evaporator back into the scale control insert with the colored spot up and snap the distribution tray back into place.
7. Inspect the plastic feed tube by gently flexing it and looking for cracks or signs of wear.
Replace tube if it is cracked, brittle, or has been damaged.
8. Reinstall the Water Panel evaporator assembly into the humidifier by fitting its drain into the round receptacle at the base of the humidifier. Push the assembly in at the top between the retaining ribs that hold the assembly in place in a vertical position.
9. Remove the drain line from the bottom of the humidifier. If applicable, flex it to loosen any mineral deposits or blockage. Then flush it with water under pressure. If it does not clear, replace it. Slip the drain line back onto the drain fitting. Make sure the drain line has a constant downward slope and is not flattened or blocked.
10. Reinstall front cover assembly by hooking at the top of the base assembly (2) and latching at the bottom.
11. Reconnect electrical power and turn on the water supply.
12. Check system operation.
• Humidifier Control: (Automatic or Manual) Check system operation and reset change water panel indicator by setting the knob to “Test/Reset”. With furnace blower operating and furnace calling for heat, humidifier will operate for one minute. DO NOT LEAVE IN TEST MODE AS HUMIDIFIER WILL NOT OPERATE.
13. Set Humidifier Control to its original position.
As we are approaching cooler months, it is important to make sure that you have regular maintenance on your humidifier. Don’t worry, you do not need to bring it in to professionals. Maintaining your humidifier can be simple. In this post series, we will discuss how and why to maintain your humidifier.
Most models, for example the Aprilaire Humidifiers, are equipped with a water delivery system. Within this system includes a water tube, strainer and orfice. These are the parts that need to be inspected and cleaned periodically to ensure the quality and efficiency of your machine.
Cleaning your model should be done at least every 1-2 weeks. If you see “white dust,” you will need to inspect your humidifier more often. The dust is a byproduct of minerals found naturally in water, which can sometimes be released into the air during the humidification process. White dust is not harmful, and may settle on surfaces and furniture near the humidifier.
1. Refrigerator filters provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing harmful mineral and bacterial contaminants.
2. These filters can also remove lead from drinking water prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
3. The purchase of a new filter every 30-45 days results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than bottled water.
4. Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health.
5. A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of your own refrigerator tap water.
6. Refrigerator water filters offer the last line of defense between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
7. By using your own filtered water instead of bottled water, you can help the environment by limiting the amount of pollution from plastic bottles.
Without you could be spending a lot of money on bottled water or even worse, risking your health by drinking contaminated water. By simply purchasing refrigerator water filters regularly, you can ensure that you have an efficient source of water that benefits everyone.
Did you know that you know how important refrigerator water filtration is for your home or office? Water filters have the task of delivering clean, fresh-tasting water straight to your glass and some may even reduce lead, sediments, and chlorine taste and odors from the water.
By simply changing the filters every 3 months, you could have an efficient water cleaning system. Wait any longer and you may find that it takes much more energy and time to filter your drinking water.
Refrigerator water filters can also save you money. Stop purchasing water bottles or water jugs when you can have fresh and clean water straight from your refrigerator.
Using refrigerator water filters is a no brainer to save money and stay healthy.